Sunday, March 2, 2008

POEMZ

Hmmm...looks like no one's updated in a while. Well I'm a busy man (i.e. Lonely) so I don't have the time to come up with anything for you all. I'm a little preoccupied with getting my head shaved for a Cancer Research Charity on the 14th....so I'll just post a random ass poem I had to write for a "creative expression" class a few months ago.


Deep Thoughts

Class is ready

Great big room stuffed to gills with bodies

The lecture has begun.

We’re talking about human interaction,

But my mind is long gone.

I try to focus,

but there’s really no point.

My mind begins to ramble.

What was the name of that one poet from the Fifties?

Allen something.

His last name starts with a ‘G’.

Greenspan?

No, he’s got something to do with economics,

what am I thinking?

Great.

That’s going to bug me all day.

Lecture’s still going on,

I’m not catching a word of it.

There’s a guy a few seats down from me

He has a vacant look in his eyes

He’s playing solitaire on his laptop

Good work buddy.

This sure is a big room.

And it’s packed.

Why are we here?

Are we trapped?

That must be it, we’re trapped

Trapped in the stomach of a Great Beast

Have we ventured too far?

Gotten in over our heads?

Maybe we need Queequeg to come help us.

Wow, that was a little too intellectual

I think I should dumb these thoughts down a tad

This is a class after all

And what’s better to dumb thoughts down than television?

Let’s see…what was I watching earlier?

Oh yeah, they had Jeopardy on in the cafeteria…

Does anybody still watch Jeopardy?

I don’t care too much for Alex Trebek,

too smug.

I prefer Will Ferrell.

I should probably at least try to pay attention

But I don’t think it would make a difference

My mind wanders far too ea – GINSBERG!

It was Allen Ginsberg!

That’s better.

Why’d that take me so long?

Everyone’s getting up…

Guess class is over.

That was productive.

I think it’s nap time.





I SEE YOUR THOUGHTS

No comments: